FEATURES AT A GLANCE
Timer - Open/Close
Manual - Open/Close
Self-Explanatory LED Screen
LED Fault Indicator Light
- 110V Electric (included)
- 4 AA Batteries (not included)
- Optional Solar Adapter Add-on Kit (not a sensor)
Our ADVANCED Automatic Chicken Door includes all the features of the BASIC door PLUS:
- GPS Functionality - Open/Close: Allows you to configure the door to your location. Once configured, you can choose to set for up to 4 hours before/after sunrise and sunset. Your chicken coop door will change with the sunrise and sunset automatically!
- May prevent in-fighting between chickens who are eager to get out into their chicken run first thing in the morning.
- Can help prevent damage to eggs (laid in the early morning) through chickens pecking them due to boredom or curiosity or accidental trampling.
- May cut down on the amount of mess made inside the chicken house. Gives you more time between general coop cleanings, as the chickens will be spending less time in their chicken house and have less chance to poop in it!
Super Easy to install!
- One of our most popular options! Now you can buy this awesome accessory to add to ANY chicken coop.
- Heavy-Duty Poly/Aluminum Construction! Water-Resistant. Will not rot or warp.
Kit comes complete with:
Complete installation instructions.
Metal door panel
Door Raising/Lowering Mechanism
Fits chicken door size: 10 1/2" wide x 12" high.
Horizon Structures™ provides the following warranty on their Chicken Coops and Options against manufacturing defects.
- 30 year warranty on shingles
- 1 year material warranty on everything from the floor to the roof
- Lifetime warranty on all hardware - hinges, latches, window and partition grills
- 15 year warranty on fasteners (double-dipped galvanized nails/screws and bolts)
In addition there is a Full Manufacturer's Warranty on the following building materials ...
- Miratec Trim
- Smart Panel
If there is a defect in your product, please notify Contact OverEZ™ directly.
IMPORTANT INFO: Due to production slowdowns due to COVID-19, some items may be on backorder! We try to keep our site up-to-date with these changes but we're not perfect. If the item you order is temporarily out of stock, we will notify you by email within 1 business day of placing your order.
All HORIZON STRUCTURES™ chicken coops are custom made to order. This means that they are fully assembled upon delivery. Because they are so big, shipping fees do apply. To find out how much this coop will cost to ship to your location, add it to your cart and proceed through checkout. A real-time quote will be provided to you during the checkout process.
Because all HORIZON STRUCTURES™ coops are custom made, they typically take approximately 4 weeks to build & ship (sometimes a bit longer, sometimes a bit shorter).
Deliveries are normally made Monday thru Friday between the hours of 7am and 6pm. While it is difficult to give an exact time, the delivery company can usually tell you if your coop will be arriving in the morning or in the afternoon.
We reserve the right to reschedule deliveries due to inclement weather or periods of extended rain in order to avoid endangering our drivers and equipment or damaging your building or property. Please call us directly to reschedule delivery if your ground is soft and you believe their truck and trailer would damage your property or make delivery exceptionally difficult for the driver.
Even if you have not received tracking information, your order may have already been processed and shipped so if you need to make changes to your order, please do so immediately!
You are responsible for reading emails we may send to you in a timely manner. We cannot be held responsible for emails that we sent that were not read on time or for delays to orders because we have not received a reply. In some cases, we may have no other choice but to use our best judgment if our emails are not answered and we will not be held responsible for orders that are incomplete, incorrect or canceled due to lack of response on your part.
Please view our full shipping policy for further details.
Important note about residential freight deliveries:
All HORIZON STRUCTURES™ Chicken Coops are custom made and pre-built, meaning there is no assembly required on your part (Note: Chicken Runs ARE NOT pre-built so you do have a minimal amount of effort assembling those). The trucks back up to your prepared site and place the coop precisely where you want it.
HORIZON STRUCTURES™ uses an F550-type truck. Their trailers range from 24' - 48' in size giving them the flexibility to transport several pre-built coops and a variety of add-ons.
The normal delivery process works like this:
- Building arrives at your property
- Driver backs up to your prepared site
- The trailer is raised, using a hydraulic system, to enable the building to slide off the back.
- Using a winch, built in to the trailer, the driver moves the building about 1/3 down the length of the trailer so that the end is resting on the ground.
- Next, the driver slowly pulls forward allowing the rest of the building to slide off the trailer and into position.
- In the event that the building needs to be aligned or re-positioned, the trailers come equipped with a platform on the back. With the back of the building on the ground and the front resting on this platform, the building can be shifted up to 2' to the left or to the right before being placed completely on the ground.
- Finally, all doors and windows are checked to make sure they operate properly and are not stuck or jammed due to the building being off level or any twisting of the building during set-up.
In order to deliver the coop, please ensure that your coop site is accessible:
- Please make sure that there is access over a driveway or across relatively level, solid ground to the area you want your coop to be placed.
- Provide adequate clearance around any trees, plantings or other structures on the property.
- If they can drive straight onto your property, any fence opening or gate needs to be at least 12 feet wide.
- Overhead clearance should to be 14'.
- 50' to 60' minimum drive-away area from the end of the shed after it comes off the end of the trailer. This should be as level as possible from pad site to ground level.
IMPORTANT: If your site does not meet these requirements, we still may be able to deliver Please call us if you are in doubt!
Please read the details about residential freight deliveries here.
Returns & Refunds
Because HORIZON STRUCTURES™ products are custom made to order, returns are generally not accepted. But if you have any defective parts, we will replace them at no charge to you. Customers are expected to notify us of any defects and return defective items within 7 days.
In extremely rare circumstances will we accept returns on this chicken coop, but a 20% restocking fee will be assessed, the original amount that we paid to ship the coop to you will not be refunded (even if you received "free shipping"), and you will be responsible for return shipping fees, which are very expensive! Please contact us if you wish to return your chicken coop.
You can read our full return policy here.
Why Shop at Chicken Coop HQ?
Safe & Secure Checkout!
We want to do everything we can to ensure a pleasant shopping experience for you. Privacy and security are important to that experience, which is why we use SSL encryption to protect your personal and financial information during the checkout process. We accept all major credit cards as well as PayPal & Klarna Financing!
Top-Notch Customer Service!
For us, chicken coops aren't just an "afterthought" we've decided to add to our catalog to generate a few more sales. We love chickens and caring for them! If you have any questions about a product you have your eye on or need help finding the perfect solution for your home, please don't hesitate to Contact Us. We'll be more than happy to assist you!
You may also like...
Take a look at some of these similar products.